The Reflex approach to knee pain treatment
At Reflex, we focus on treating chronic knee pain – from sports injuries to osteoarthritis. Everything we do is designed to relieve your pain, bring you more mobility, and help you to get back to life.
Our entire team believes that patients come first. We are devoted to providing you with meticulous care, and an ongoing and informed relationship with your doctor.
Here’s how we work
We find that our patients with the best results are participating in several of the following treatment options.
Joint fluid therapy:
- Reflex’s joint fluid therapy treatments are administered as a series of knee injections typically over a 3-4 week period.
- Injections are guided by cutting-edge ultrasound to ensure the treatment is going directly to the affected joint.
- Patients will typically experience pain reduction starting about 8 weeks after the injection series.
- The results can last for several months to a full year.
- The injections can have a compounding effect, producing better results after each additional series.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP):
- PRP Therapy is a safe, non-surgical procedure which offers relief to athletes and active individuals, who endure knee pain from overuse or a past injury.
- It’s also been shown to be one of the most effective treatments for knee osteoarthritis.
- This cutting-edge treatment uses platelets from a person’s own blood to accelerate healing of damaged tendons and cartilage.
- PRP is a simple procedure, performed in less than an hour at the Reflex office.
Advanced Cellular Therapy:
- Advanced cell therapy uses the body’s own cells to reduce inflammation and to provide long-term symptom relief.
- At Reflex, we harvest cells from adipose (fat) tissue, combine them with PRP, and transplant them into the damaged areas of the knee(s).
- This mixture provides the optimal biologic cells and growth factors to promote clinical improvement.
- Most patients experience significant relief of pain, increased mobility, and much longer-term effects than other therapies.
- An off-loading brace is worn for a few hours a day during weight-bearing activities.
- While on, the brace relieves pressure on the knee joint and helps re-align the joint and surrounding leg muscles.
- Physical Therapy (PT) can help further reduce knee pain by strengthening the muscles and ligaments surrounding the joint.
- PT can correct misalignment due to compensation patterns and increase mobility.
Comprehensive services to keep your knees healthy.
We help you bounce back from your knee pain with a holistic approach to your healing.
Call us to learn more about how Reflex can relieve your knee pain. Schedule your initial evaluation: (503) 719-6783