The Reflex approach to knee pain treatment
At Reflex, we focus on treating knee pain – from sports injuries to osteoarthritis — without surgery. Everything we do is designed to relieve your pain, bring you more mobility, and help you to get back to life.
Our entire team believes that patients come first. We are devoted to providing you with meticulous care, and an ongoing and informed relationship with your doctor.
To Protect and Save as
Many Knees as Possible
Here’s how we work
We find that our patients with the best results are participating in several of the following treatment options.
Joint fluid therapy
- Reflex’s joint fluid therapy treatments are administered as a series of knee injections typically over a 3-4 week period.
- Injections are guided by cutting-edge ultrasound to ensure the treatment is being delivered into the joint space
- Patients will typically experience pain reduction 6-8 weeks after the injection series is completed
- Depending on the degree of inflammation inside the joint, the results can last for several weeks to several months (typically 4-6 months of pain relief)
- There is a compounding effect with each treatment series, with more significant improvement after each series of treatments
Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP)
- PRP Therapy is a safe, non-surgical procedure that reduces inflammation inside the joint and reprograms the cells lining the joint to produce a higher quality of joint (synovial) fluid
- Healthier joint fluid helps support the cartilage and meniscus tissue; when the joint (synovial) fluid is full of pro-inflammatory proteins, it breaks down the cartilage and meniscal tissues
- It’s also been shown to be one of the most effective treatments for knee osteoarthritis.
- This cutting-edge treatment uses platelets from a person’s own blood to accelerate healing of damaged tendons and cartilage.
- PRP is a simple procedure, performed in less than an hour at the Reflex office.
ArthroZone Treatments (Ozone)
- Ozone is a gas that has significant anti-inflammatory effects when injected into the knee
- Three randomized-controlled trials have shown that ozone can decrease pain and enhance clinical outcomes when combined with hyaluronic acid (HA) or platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in treating knee osteoarthritis
- Ozone deactivates the enzymes that break down cartilage
- Ozone has proven to be safe, with no serious adverse reactions reported; Reflex has been treating patients with ozone for over a year without any significant side effects being noted (other than the sensation of fullness or discomfort following the procedure)
- Ozone is typically administered with another treatment such as HA or PRP (it is injected through the same needle so an additional needle stick is not needed
More about us
Schedule a Consultation
Through a comprehensive knee evaluation, our specialists help patients address a variety of issues and make informed decisions. For cutting-edge knee care contact us today!