Karl Kaufmann, MD
Dr. Kaufmann grew up in Northern Michigan as a competitive ski racer, ski instructor, water skier, and motocross racer spending as much time as possible outdoors.
He attended Alma College with Biochemistry and Chemistry double major and was accepted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
He later attended University of Cincinnati School of Medicine and was accepted into Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He completed a four year academic residency with University of Cincinnati School of Medicine with additional training as a flight physician.
Dr. Kaufmann enjoys a wide variety of activities including: backcountry skiing, mountain biking, hiking/backpacking, fishing, SCUBA, foraging, cooking, woodworking, winemaking, and travel/exploration with his wife and two teenage sons.
“My passion is to take advantage of the amazing outdoor opportunities that the PNW has to offer and share them with my family and others. Maintaining physical fitness and injury prevention are critical to being able to enjoy a lifelong active lifestyle and I strive to provide expertise and care that ensures my patient’s will not have physical limitations to those opportunities.”
- Specialized Training in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Specialized Training in Interventional Orthopedics
- Specialized Training in Viscosupplementation (Knee Injection Therapy)
- Specialized Training in Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- Specialized Training in Knee Pain and Knee Injuries
- Board Certified/American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Board Certified/Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- Chairman Professional Performance Committee
- Medical Executive Committee
- Joint Conference Committee (with UW Valley Medical Center Board of Trustees)
- Emergency Services Operations Committee
- Resident education with both Emergency medicine and Family medicine residency
- Clinical faculty appointment in the Department of Emergency Medicine University of Washington
- Alma College, Alma, MI
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Phi Beta Kappa honor society
- University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Doctor of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha honor society
- Doctor of Medicine