Here at Reflex we believe that you need to be an active participant in your health. Eating right and being active are some of the best ways to make sure you live a long and happy life.
Here at Reflex we believe that you need to be an active participant in your health. Eating right and being active are some of the best ways to make sure you live a long and happy life. In an effort to always be improving ourselves, we’ve decided as an office to participate in the 10 day Real Food Challenge.
We will be starting on Wednesday May 1st; we want to welcome and challenge YOU to participate in it with us! Now for the rules…
What you can eat:
- Whole foods that are more a product of nature than a product of industry
- Lots of fruits and vegetables (we recommend that you shop for these at your local farmers’ market)
- Dairy products like milk, unsweetened yogurt, eggs, and cheese
- 100% whole-wheat and whole-grains (find a local bakery for approved sandwich bread and check the Understanding Grains post for more info)
- Seafood (wild caught is the optimal choice over farm-raised)
- Only locally raised meats such as pork, beef, and chicken (preferably in moderation)
- Beverages limited to water, milk, all natural juices, naturally sweetened coffee & tea, and, to help the adults keep their sanity, wine and beer!
- Snacks like dried fruit, seeds, nuts and popcorn
- All natural sweeteners including honey, 100% maple syrup, and fruit juice concentrates are acceptable in moderation
- Also check out the Recipes & Resources page for a more detailed list of meal options including links to recipes
What you can’t eat:
- No refined grains such as white flour or white rice (items containing wheat must say WHOLE wheat…not just “wheat”)
- No refined sweeteners such as sugar, any form of corn syrup, cane juice, or the artificial stuff like Splenda
- Nothing out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label
- No deep fried foods
- No “fast foods”
Check in regularly to our Facebook page for tips, recipes, Q&A, and support from others taking on the challenge!