Platelet-rich plasma therapy
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection Therapy is a safe, non-surgical procedure. It offers relief and healing to athletes, people suffering from chronic pain/arthritis, and active individuals, who endure knee pain from overuse or a past injury. In addition to alleviating pain, this treatment decreases chronic inflammation and increases mobility.
What is PRP?
PRP stands for “Platelet-Rich Plasma.” Plasma is what the typical person’s blood is primarily comprised of (55%). Plasma normally has 200 million platelets per micro liter. Plasma becomes ‘platelet-rich’ when the concentration of platelets increases beyond this typical ratio.
Platelets are crucial when it comes to repairing injuries. Platelet cells are packed with special, healing proteins called growth factors that initiate repair of the injury and can dramatically enhance tissue recovery. PRP therapy mimics the body’s natural healing process by delivering a high concentration of platelets to the damaged knee.
It is important to note that not all PRP preparation systems or treatments are the same. These differences play a critical role in determining the clinical outcome. Learn how on our PRP Therapy at Reflex page.
Why all the Buzz?
There are many reasons people are excited about PRP, some of these include:
- It’s Safe/Natural – Since PRP uses your own cells, there is no risk of an immune response. Additionally, this procedure is much less invasive than surgery and many people feel this is a more natural than pharmaceuticals or other drugs.
- Celebrity/Athlete endorsements – many A-list celebrities and professional athletes have had PRP therapy and tout it as the best and one of the most cutting-edge treatments available. This includes a wide range, from athletes like Kobe Bryant (basketball), Maria Sharapova (tennis), Hines Ward (football), Alex Rodriguez (baseball), Tiger Woods (golf), all the way to Hollywood celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Angelina Jolie.
- It has a wide range of applications (you don’t have to be an athlete)
- Arthritis ◦ Acute Injuries ◦ ACL ◦ MCL ◦ Tendinitis
- PCL ◦ Meniscal Tears ◦ Chronic Pain ◦ Tendon Injury ◦ And many others!
- Acute Injuries
- Meniscal Tears
- Chronic Pain
- Tendon Injury
- And many others!
Why Reflex for your PRP Therapy?
- Reflex Providers are Experts in Knee Injections – Reflex Providers all have specialized training in PRP and have collectively administered thousands of injections. You won’t find this level of expertise or experience elsewhere.
- We have the best and most advanced PRP formula available – low granulocytes, high monocytes, and zero red blood cells – learn why these are important on our PRP Therapy at Reflex page.
- It’s less painful at Reflex – In conjunction with our advanced PRP formula, our provider’s expertise, and utilizing Ultrasound technology, our administration and numbing procedure has been refined to be as painless as possible.
- Ultrasound Technology – Less than half of one percent of physicians in Oregon provide musculoskeletal Ultrasound diagnostics. Reflex does, and can provide more accurate diagnoses, more precise injections, and we are able to inject PRP directly into the injury site (ligaments/tendons).
To schedule an evaluation for PRP therapy for your knees, fill out the side bar or CLICK HERE.
Still curious? Click on a link below to learn more:
- Details on what sets Reflex apart
- Details about PRP Therapy at Reflex
- Before and Aftercare Instructions
- PRP FAQs
- PRP Case Studies
Call us at (503) 719 – 6783 to schedule an evaluation of your knee today – to begin enjoying the benefits from PRP therapy, reduce pain, and enhance your performance.