What can you expect?
We have an established practice for bringing our patients up to speed with their PRP options.
- All patients receive an individualized treatment plan based on the physicians’ findings at their initial evaluation, this can consist of any number or our treatments including PRP.
- The injection appointment will last between 45-60 minutes.
- Since each patient responds differently to PRP, the number of recommended treatments will be determined by the physician after evaluating your response to your initial treatment.
- If you’ve never undergone any of our standard treatments such as HA injections, the physician may discuss this treatment option with you also. A combination of HA injections and PRP has been demonstrated to be an effective treatment option for patients with knee osteoarthritis.
What does the procedure involve?
PRP is a simple procedure, performed in less than an hour at the Reflex office. Most people are able to return to their job or daily activities immediately following the procedure.
During your appointment, one of our physicians will draw your blood and put it in a PRP collection tube, then centrifuge for 10 minutes to separate your platelets. Using a local anesthetic, this platelet-rich plasma is then injected into your knee using the guidance of an ultrasound machine. This high concentration of platelets is 4-5 times what your normal blood would typically deliver, which can greatly enhance the body’s healing abilities.
Most patients have a period of relative rest with some physical therapy for the first few weeks. Six weeks after your treatment, you will come in for a follow-up appointment where we will evaluate your knee’s improvement. You may need several injections to return to your optimal performance level.
Why the Reflex PRP formula is the best
- Granulocytes – These white blood cells will cause pain and an inflammatory response if they are in the formula – the fewer, the better and the product Reflex uses has the lowest amount on the market.
- Monocytes – These cells help repair and build – the more the better and the product Reflex uses has the highest amount on the market.
- Red Blood Cells (RBCs) – These cells cause a huge inflammatory response when injected into the joint that can cause intense pain. Most PRP formulas have millions of RBCs. At Reflex, our formula has zero.
Reflex uses the only system that provides this optimal PRP formula. The combination of a high monocyte and low granulocyte/RBC counts make this the most effective and least painful formula available.
Reflex was the first clinic in the U.S. to use this advanced PRP system and are proud to offer our patients only the very best.
Is PRP Therapy for you?
Previously only available to elite athletes and in practices overseas, Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is gaining traction in the American medical community. Recent studies in sports medicine literature have shown this to be an effective treatment option for a variety of musculoskeletal disorders, including osteoarthritis.
For more information check out our PRP Therapy FAQs.
Call 503-719-6783 today to schedule your consultation!